Downland Teaching School Alliance
The Downs School plays a lead role in the local Downland Teaching School Alliance which comprises a number of primary and secondary schools from across West Berkshire, all working together. Being a key part of the Alliance places us at the forefront of research, training, school support and development in education.
An important role of the Alliance is its teacher training provision, which is for both primary and secondary school teachers. Trainees are placed at various local schools including The Downs School itself.
Choose to Train to Teach at The Downs School with The Downland Alliance.
- Interested in a career as a teacher? Good teachers are in demand and there are excellent employment prospects.
- Do you want to inspire young people to fulfil their potential?
- Do you want to train in an innovative and supportive environment with an outstanding school?
- Train to teach at The Downs School and change a young person’s life for the better.
- Go home each day knowing you have made a difference.
Want to find out more?
Come along to the Train to Teach Career Information Evenings. Register to attend through The Downland Teaching School Alliance website.
Need some school experience?
Gain some valuable school experience to help you make the right choices about your training and career. Register to attend with the School Experience programme at The Downs School. Use the ‘Get into teaching’ link on our website to apply for a school experience day.
Interested in applying?
Apply for our teacher training programmes with The Downland Alliance through UCAS – search “The Downland Alliance” or use our provider code (236).